Learners pose and answer questions that clarify meaning and promote deeper understanding of the text. Questions can be generated by the learner, a peer or the teacher.
Some helpful questions/statements to ask your child:
- What in the text helped you know that?
- How is the text making you feel? Why is that?
- When you read/viewed/listened to that text did it remind you of anything you know about? Why did it remind you of that?
- What did the composer of the text mean by...?
- Whose point of view is this? What points of view are missing?